Writing - Design - Redesign Portfolio

I am an experienced technical writer and document designer. For examples of some of my work, click these links.

Redesign - Newsletter

Original
This original newsletter was mailed to me.  The basic layout needed some adjustments to make it more engaging.


Redesign
My redesign keeps the original newsletter’s three-column layout but optimizes the white space for a more open feel.  First, I reduced the gutter between the columns.  Then, I redesigned the nameplate to bring the text closer together and to allow more space between the text and the border.  To reinforce the basket theme, I added basket graphics and used woven rules on the page.  For the sidebar, I used a wavy rather than straight box to break up the potential monotony of a three-column design.  I also used a drop shadow to add some dimension.



No comments:

Post a Comment